Woman fleeing marriage home due to abuse

Q: My question is in regards to forced marriage divorce, if a women who has fled her home and has had no contact with her family for 10 months due to violence and sexual abusive in the marriage requires a divorce, how can this be done without going to a islamic court and making contact with family in fear of further abusive/violence. The women is also pregnant with her new partner (which we know is not islamically correct). The nikah was done in Pakistan. How long before you can remarry after a divorce whilst being pregnant as a result of new relationship and paternity not being required?


A: We advise that you refer your case to the Jamiatul Ulama of the place where you are residing in. Insha Allah they will be in a better position to assist you. 

And Allah Ta'ala knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Zakaria Makada

Checked & Approved:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)