Marital problems

Q: My wife keeps falsely accusing me of having affiars. I told her that it is not true and we dont reach any conclusion as she only wants me to accept that I had affairs and must apologise. I cannot do it as she is incorrect. She says she has evidence but refuses to bring it forward. Our marriage is in turmoil. What to we do as we cannot come to agreement. I suggested councelling she refuses.

A: There is no need for you to confess for something that you are innocent. However, you may tell her that you ask Allah's forgiveness for you and her if you had wronged in any way.

And Allah Ta'ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)