Girl getting married to a non-Muslim

Q: Our 19 year old daughter has run away with a christian boy. She made herself pregnant by him. (HARAM) She has had alhamdulillah good education on Islam. We are religious family. Father and brother Hafiz e quran. We tried everything to stop. We told her to give him dawat and convert him and she can marry him. He was not intrested. Anyway we are left in a situation and don't know what to do. I pray to Allah everyday to guide us. I am also praying dua to give her hidayyat to come home. We have no other family problems alhamdulillah. I keep thinking she has gone too far and sheytan has taken over her life. She can not see right. Allah knows best!!! Please advice me and make dua.


A: In Islam it is haraam for a girl to get married to a non-Muslim. You should contact the local jamaat in the area and ask them to get their womenfolk to explain to your daughter the serious consequences of her actions.

And Allah Ta'ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Zakaria Makada

Checked & Approved:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)