Mother giving zakaat to her daughter

Q: Can my baligh daughter who is not married and is supported by me as I'm divorced and not working, be a recipient of zakat from my savings which are the only means of survival for myself and hers. Can I pay zakat to her for her university if I am to pay?

A: No.

And Allah Ta'ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)