Wali of an illegitimate girl

Q: I want to ask about the relation of an illegitimate child with his biological parents. If an illegitimate girl wants to get married, does she need a wali or not?

A: Her mother will represent her.

And Allah Ta'ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)