Giving one's share of the inheritance to one's brother

Q: My mother got 100 sq yard property from inheritance from her father and remaining 800 sq yard property my maternal uncle took. Is it permissible for my mother to leave her 200 sq yard property share to my maternal uncle?

A: If she wants to give her share to your uncle without any duress or coercion then it is permissible.

And Allah Ta'ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)